22 January 2011

Well rested

I'd like to believe that I've rested up over my five week long winter break and am ready for the new semester...but only time will tell.  I have mixed feelings about going back.  Not because I don't love Missoula or I am not enjoying my classes...but because I am leaving my comfort zone, again.  I suppose I will feel this way after every long break back at home and in Clarkston.  I am a creature of habit, and do not enjoy climate change.  This break I have settled into the routine of waking up, checking my facebook and e-mail, checking various items off of my to-do list, baking, preparing meals, cleaning, walking, etc.  It's been nice.  I know it's not a feasible life to live forever, but it has become my routine.  I suppose I could say that I will fall back into a routine in Missoula, and of course I will, but it's obviously not the same.  It is different. 

I know I will adjust.  And then I will re-adjust when I come home for summer, when I go back to Missoula, when I come home for next winter break, etc.  But, this is what I asked for, and while it might be difficult at times (i.e. this weekend), it is what I deeply want and I certainly do not regret my decision.  Life is full of decisions, ups & downs, hard times, and numerous moments that take your breath away.  After I've had a few weeks to let this new change set in, I will be just dandy.  Such is life.

[Side note: If in this post I sound like I am still trying to convince myself that it will all be ok...I am :) Deep down I obviously know I will be, but that doesn't help the day-to-day anxious/nervous feelings!]

1 comment: