29 November 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

...kind of. Even though we had a short summer, fall has been extremely long and lovely.  Last year at this time we had already had several snowfalls and several days where temperatures reached well below zero degrees here in Missoula.  This year we have only had a few minor snowfalls and NO DAYS below zero.  Can you say "hot diggity?!"  It has been nice.  However, that means it doesn't really look like Christmas! And, that means that I am in a little bit of shock. I cannot believe that it is almost the end of the school semester and that Christmas is less than one month away. No joke, I have not even started my Christmas shopping. Granted, I am not doing a lot this year. My family is trying to get back to the real meaning of Christmas...the way it was celebrated before snuggies, department stores in giant malls, and ipods came along.  But, nevertheless, I cannot believe that December 1st is less than two days away. Some of it has to do with the weather, and some of it has to do with how busy I have felt lately. Literally, my days are speeding by, and if I don't stop to take it all in, they are gone and I am here in my apartment at night once again.  I don't even know where today went.

Anyway, school, family, friends, and Casey are all doing great. I won't go on and on about how busy I am and how much I miss Casey.  We are doing just fine, as usual. We cannot wait to spend the holiday break together, and we cannot wait until I am in my fourth and final semester here at UM.  In just a few short months we can relax in each other's company, we can argue about things that couples who live together argue about, we can do our own thing while still going to bed together every night, we can have friends over for dinner, we can communicate in person, and we can eat breakfast together. Ahh, sometimes it really is about the little things. We were just discussing in our car ride back from Joseph after Thanksgiving some of the positive things that have come from this living-apart experience (it really has been an experience, to say the least).  First and foremost, we believe that it will remind us not to take each other for granted.  We know what it is like to not have each other in times of need, and we have vowed to remind each other of this when we are getting frustrated, irritated, or annoyed with each other down the road in the years that make up our marriage.  I think that this is the biggest positive thing that has come out of our time apart. Sure, it will be an adjustment living together, but as we learn to live together and make our own routines in addition to our routine together, we will be happy. And happiness, after all, is what we are all striving for. I am happy now, very happy, but I am so excited to experience that happiness.

That is all-I won't go into graduate school details.  However, do stay tuned for a new blog... as Casey and I continue to experience new things (and the same things over and over again), I feel the need to blog about it.  So, I have recently created a "joint" blog where we will share our happenings and whereabouts for friends and families.  Both of us may partake in the blogging, however, Casey doesn't know this yet so we will see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment