04 March 2010

Accepted

into University of Montana's Master in Health Promotion/Community Health class of 2012!  I just got the unofficial acceptance e-mail today from the program director, and it just needs to be approved by the university then I'm an official Grizzly. 

I have never been so excited about something school or work related.  I was previously accepted into Oregon State's Master in Public Health program, and that was a great honor. But this acceptance means so much more to me.  It means that I will already go there having a job/assistantship, it means that half of my tuition will be covered, it means that I will be only 4 hours away (instead of 8 or 9) from my amazing boyfriend, it means I will only be 6 hours away from my home and family, and it means that I will receive a more individualized education in the comfort of a small program in lovely Missoula, Montana.

While there were benefits to attending Oregon State such as it being a well-known program, the alma mater of my parents, closer to my sister, and where several of my friends go, it just wasn't a good match for me. Financially, emotionally, and physically.  I am so happy with my acceptance and excited to further my education in a field where I can utilize my strengths and interests and really make a difference.  Stay tuned in the months to come as I embark on this journey into graduate school :)

No comments:

Post a Comment