25 March 2010

Blessing in disguise

I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason, and it is all a part of God's plan. So everytime something doesn't go the way I want it to, I force my self to remember: It is all a part of God's plan for me.  And things wouldn't be going the way they are if it wasn't part of his great plan.  I do not know if this is the way that other followers of God interprut life and God's plan, but it is certainly how I interprut it.  Without this faith in knowing that everything happens for a reason, I don't know if I would make it through life without having a major meltdown.  I tend to stress about the little things, but when I get out of control, I simply tell myself, it is all a part of the plan and everything will be okay.  What if I didn't have the ability to tell myself this? I would be a wreck! It amazes me how people make it through life with little or no faith.

Anyway, back to blessings in disguise.  Sometimes when things don't go your way-look at it in a different light. Perhaps it is a blessing in disguise.  True, it is hard to use this philosophy on traumatic events, but it can apply to most minor life mishaps.  For instance, I was REALLY hoping that I got a good vibe at one of my informational interviews, because it was the one that I really wanted. I wanted to be in the LC Valley for the summer, spending time with Casey, playing on the river, attending our church, etc.  However, I was less than impressed.  Professionalism and organization at the agency was not good and what my duties and responsibilities would be are just not what I'm looking for.  So, I was bummed. Then I turned it around-perhaps it is a blessing in disguise? Because, God has a plan for all of us, and everything happens for a reason. 

So I got to thinking about the benefits and advantages of moving back home for the summer and doing my internship there.  I recognized many benefits that I hadn't realized before- I would get to spend time with my family during my last summer home (probably), I would be able to take my old job up again, I would get paid for some of my internship, I would have duties and responsibilities that I am more passionate about, I would get to spend time with my long time friends in Joseph, and maybe moving to Missoula would be a smoother transition (going from home to Missoula will probably be easier than going from Casey's house to Missoula). 

I'm just reminded by this little incident that everything happens for a reason-and maybe somethings are blessings in disguise. (Reminds me of that country song where he runs into his high school crush and remembers how much he wanted to be with her, but then realizes that "some of God's greatest gifts, are unanswered prayers" because if he had been with that girl, he maybe would have never met his wife!)

No comments:

Post a Comment