11 March 2010

Community

A sense of community is a feeling I've been lacking since I moved from Joseph almost four years ago.  Pullman is a lovely town, but just too big to feel a close sense of community like that felt in Joseph.  Perhaps if I would have been more involved in a student group I would have got this feeling-but I didn't, and I wouldn't trade my experiences there for anything-I can only move forward. 

Now, after attending Celebration! church with Casey on a regular basis, I finally feel that sense of community again- and I love it! The people are so kind and caring, and I've never felt more welcomed by a group of people before (besides my family).  I have become more in touch with myself, God, Casey, and other church members in the past few months.  It's amazing what community can do. 

This is really connected to the Mind-Body-Spirit model of wellness that I am so interested in.  I believe that a person cannot really be well and happy until all three components are satisfied.  This sense of community and connection to a higher being (God, in my case) helps complete the Spirit component.  I was always happy before-but there was always something missing.  Since I've been attending church and becoming closer to those around me, I have filled up this hole.  I feel more well now than I have in a long time! I can confidently move forward in life knowing that I just need to do my best to be a good Christian.  But also remember that Christians make mistakes, and it will all be alright because God blesses us and watches over us and our futures. 

[This post was a connection of personal experience, las Sunday's church sermon, and the little reading I've done on the Mind-Body-Spirit model of wellness-amazing how it all comes together]

No comments:

Post a Comment