12 February 2010

Altogether separate

I feel like this phrase is pretty self-explanatory, but just in case I'll explain what I mean by it.  Altogether separate.  I am going through this journey called life with so many people that I love and care for. I have deep relationships with my mom, my dad, my sister, my boyfriend, and some of my friends.  We are ALL experiencing this journey...together, in a sense.  However, I am still separate.  Nobody else knows what my experiences in life have felt like. It is MY life, and everyone else has THIER life.  Sure, many people have graduated from college.  But nobody has grown up in my small town, lived up with my family, been friends with my friends, worked where I've worked, completed the classes I've completed, been dumped by the boys I've been dumped by, and so on and so forth--you get the point. 

So, we are all on this journey together, yet we are all separate.  Kind of an oxymoron--but it definitely fits the situation.  Altogether separate.

No comments:

Post a Comment