11 February 2010

Sensitivity

is an interesting concept.  Things that don't phase me one day, might really upset me the next.  Perhaps it is my mood, or the way my day is going, or just the way I receive the information.  However, personal attacks almost always upset me.  I don't do well with them, I never have.  I don't think anyone ever SHOULD know how to deal with them well.  With tha being said, I know that I just need to remember to take them for what they are--in the grand scheme of things, they don't mean much.  Maybe the attacker was having a bad day-I should forgive them.  Maybe the attacker didn't realize what they were doing-I should forgive them, but maybe not be around them as often.  Maybe the attacker really does not know that saying something to personally attack another person is disrespectful-I should forgive them and probably surround myself with more respectful people.

I think that one good thing does come from being personally attacked...and that is that I am reminded to try my hardest to not personally attack others.  It is beneficial to nobody--and there are much better ways to deal with having a bad day or whatever.  Just some things to think about...

1 comment:

  1. I blinked and you were born; I blinked and you grew up and got so wise.... i have tears in my eyes...

    ReplyDelete