15 February 2010

Exploration

Today I explored and researched various places that I can possibly complete my summer internship--Building Healthy Families (Enterprise), Early Head Start (Clarkston), Idaho Department of Health and Wellness (Lewiston) or the Community Action Agency (Lewiston).  From this I learned that there are so many agencies out there striving to help individuals of all backgrounds succeed in life.  It was really heartwarming reading about all the programs and services that these organizations offer--all the way from assisting with home weatherization or electricity bills to reading to young children to providing nutrition activities and classes for parents of young children. 

As I strive to become a professional in the area of promotion of health and prevention of disease, I learn something new every day...and it just confirms that health and wellness is the field that I was meant to be in. I continue to get more and more excited about my summer internship and experiences and my journey in graduate school---

No comments:

Post a Comment