26 April 2010

People

It's amazing to me how some people can be so welcoming and caring where others can be comepletely closed off.  I was amazed at how welcoming people were this past weekend while I attended the Asotin County fair with Casey.  We attended a few bar-b-ques-one through mutual friends, and the other was his ex's parents.  While I didn't know what to expect at eiher place, it wasn't one bit awkward.  Both homes opened up to me as if we had known each other forever.

I compare this past weekend to the situation I've been in for the last eight months in my apartment.  I've lived next to these people for all this time, yet I feel closer to the people I met last weekend than I do to them.  It's just so ironic to me.  Perhaps it's the generation, perhaps it's me, perhaps it's individual differences.  Who knows.  I just continue to be amazed by people and how they act each and every day.  I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment