07 November 2010

Future

I know, I know...I strive to live in the moment.  I really do try, and I feel like I do it successfully.  That being said, worrying about the future and looking forward to the future are two different things in my mind.  (Buddha reminds us to "not worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wholy and earnestly.")  Looking forward to minor things that will occur -- and can only occur -- after finishing graduate school is good for the soul.  It gives me little pleasures to look forward too, and it is the little things that make life worth living.  So, here are the first four items on my list of things I hope to acquire shortly after finishing graduate school:


a gray kitten

a chocolate lab puppy

a cute couch or living room set

a snazzy car...yeah, it's okay to dream big

Is that too much to look forward to? Definitely not. Remember, it's the little things...

No comments:

Post a Comment