25 February 2011

100th post

In honor of my 100th blog post I am doing a post a little different than usual. 

The following list represents the 10 things I am going to do between now and my next 100 posts.  These are not things that I usually do or have done before.  While I think comfort is great, I know that I want to push myself a little bit outside of that bubble.  Not too much...but a little bit.  These are not being done to prove myself to anyone or to grant the wishes of others that I become more out-going, extroverted, etc...because I cannot change those things, nor do I want to.  These are for solely my satisfaction (and maybe the satisfaction of those around me who will also reap the direct benefits).  So, before I reach my 200th post, these are the things I will do:

10.  Visit a foreign country or two. My family and I are scheduled to visit Norway in June of this year.  My first time in any place outside the United States (not counting a trip across the border to Tijuana, Mexico).
9. Go para-sailing.  To some this sounds like a relaxed and fun day on the lake.  For me, this will be exhilarating and a possible "just peed my pants" moment.  By no means am I a fan of water or heights, but for some reason, the thought of doing this kind of excites me.
8. Bake mini chocolate souffles.
7. Visit Yellowstone National Park.  It is SO close! I need to go before my time in Missoula comes to an end.
6.  Spend a night in a bed and breakfast.  I did with my  mom and sister when I was younger, but I would love to relax and eat a delicious breakfast with Casey or a dear friend.
5. Experience more red wine.
4. Snowshoe.  I've said this for a while and it could still happen this winter. 
3. Propose my thesis for graduate school.  This WILL happen (unless I get blog-happy and crank out 100 more posts in the near future), but who knows exactly when or what the topic will be...that is my goal for this summer to decide. 
2. Spend a summer in Clarkston.  I have been waiting to do this since this time last year.  And I think it is finally going to happen...I feel Clarkston has potential that I just need to discover.  We have become closer over the years, but it still hasn't convinced me it is the town for me.  I'm giving it another shot.
1. Plant a garden that thrives and produces wonderful and juicy fruits and vegetables.  I plan on starting seeds in a month or two!

[Side note: as noted, some of these aspirations are already planned, others not, and I will keep my vast audience of blog readers updated as I go!]

No comments:

Post a Comment