12 February 2011

Weekly

I suppose a weekly blog update (at best) is all I can manage these days.  That will have to do for now.  In the words of the farmer from the movie Babe: "that'll do pig, that'll do." Yes, I really just quoted a farmer from a children's movie in my blog.  My ever so professional and eloquent blog.

Anyway, another week down, and honestly I do not know where it went.  I suppose it went into reading, quiz preparation, exam grading, ab-workout teaching, discussing, sleeping, etc.  As I mentioned how busy I was to my mom, her response was, "well, did you expect grad school to be a breeze?"  And I guess she is right.  I did not expect it to be a breeze at all, but they totally tricked me last semester! I rarely did homework on the weekends, and I had plenty of free time to play and drink coffee and visit with friends.  This semester, not so much.  Of course, I have done my share of all of those things, but they have not been quite as relaxing.  I obviously still have time to blog...  Nevertheless, I came here to go to school, and this semester that is exactly what I am getting.  It will be okay.

I do worry about the stress of all this on my relationships.  Not only on my relationship with Casey, but on my other relationships as well.  With Casey, I worry that it will be weeks that we go apart, and I worry that I will "forget" how life is with him...because when we're apart I start to adjust to life without him.  It hasn't happened yet, and I think when you're in love, you don't let that happen.  But I am a worrier, hence the worrying. Nevertheless, for all of you blog readers out there wondering, we are doing great.  Christmas break rejuvenated our relationship, and so far this semester I have been a "sain" human being, and Casey reports that he has been great as well (he also has June to keep him company).  Other relationships are at stake as well.  When I get stressed or busy, I withdraw.  I hole up in my room and decline invitations to go out.  Which is fine...but not for an entire semester.  I have tried my hardest to force myself to get out there, and thus far I have proven to be fairly good at it.  We'll see what the rest of the semester brings in that regard.  Lastly, I find myself calling my parents and sister(s) and other friends less and less the busier I get.  I do try my hardest to keep in touch...but sometimes we go a while.  I do know that they'll still love me when they see me again in May, though. That's comforting.

What was the point of this blog post? Who knows.  I guess to let all five of my readers know that it will be a busy semester and if you don't see blog updates or hear from me as frequently, don't worry, I'm (probably) still alive, I'm just swamped

No comments:

Post a Comment