24 August 2010

Missoula.

Here it is. My first blog from Missoula.  I know it has been a widely anticipated blog by all of my blog readers! Today is Tuesday and since Saturday it has been a blur. It literally has gone by in a flash.  So many new places, so many great meals, so much walking.  I was so blessed to have Casey here Saturday and Sunday to help me move and explore my new home, and Holly here from Saturday until just a few hours ago.  Now it is time to get going on my own (until Mom and Nat come Thursday!!)...

Here's a very condensed version of the last few days.

Saturday.  Leave Clarkston at 8:15 a.m. and make the glorious, curvy, long trek to Missoula.  We stopped several times (thanks Starbucks) and got a little bit lost once we hit Missoula, but we finally arrived at the apartment and got to unloading the vehicles right away.  It was HOT! We were all three sweating by the end of it, but decided to hit up downtown and the mall and then McKenzie River Pizza Company for dinner (so good!).  We spent a good portion of time driving around to find The Good Food Store that I remembered seeing before and had heard good things about from people in Wallowa County- we were not successful.

Sunday.  Casey was sad he had to leave that day, but we all decided to make the best of it (what else can we do??).  We had coffee together, hit up a few shops, and then had Fudruckers for lunch.  It was burgers and fries so I think that made Casey happy.  By the time we got back, it was time for Casey to hit the road unfortunately.  We both know that it is in every one's best interest to stay positive...and that we will make it :)  Holly and did MORE shopping, and more searching for the Good Food Store after Casey left...and also some serious organizing and unpacking. 

Monday.  Morning started with a lovely (and tiring because I'm so out of shape) hike to the famous "M" on Missoula's hillside...beautiful view from the top!
Holly and went in several cute shops and boutiques downtown before showering and cleaning up to head to the mall for some nice and relaxing retail therapy.  After shopping off and on for three days with Holly I can confidently say that I have enough clothes to get me through the next several months...without having to do laundry for more clothes, haha.  And, the highlight of the day was finding The Good Food Store! We had actually turned right before it several times, driven along the side of it, and it is on the same street as my apartment.  Oops!  But we found it, and it was everything I had anticipated.  We came back, ate pita and hummus and had a Big Sky Summer Honey Ale...with fresh honey from the Good Food Store.  The night ended with Holly convincing me to watch an episode of The Bachelor Pad online...and now I'm hooked.

Tuesday.  Episode 3 of The Bachelor Pad online and coffee with Holly (I have now tried four coffee places in 4 days).  Time to say goodbye to Holly.  So bittersweet.  I wanted her to stay, but I knew that I needed to be alone and get used to the feeling of being more independent!  So here I am...blogging!  I think a bike ride will be in store later this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment